1. The first step to building your alternative medicine chest is to write down exactly what you want on an everyday basis and what you want on an occasional basis.
A multivitamin, calcium supplement (in case you’re a female over 35), more folic acid (in case you are hoping to get pregnant), valerian root when you have occasional problem sleeping, white willow bark if you need some thing for headaches once in a while, arnica for those times when you want a natural pain reliever. That is the way you stock your alternative medication chest.
2. Write down your needs based totally on conditions or signs, what has worked for you, what you need to check out or ask your physician about, and something else you can think of. Remember you could include tinctures, capsules, pills both natural and homeopathic.
3. You can also base your choices on the seasonal calendar. Herbs for seasonal recovery are an essential element in determining just what is necessary at the time. Every season has it’s own specific beneficial herbs for healing particular conditions at some stage in that term. Keep in mind, that this is also geared closer to the region of the world you stay in.
4. If you’re seeking to “go natural” with your medicine chest, talk about any conditions you have along with your acupuncturist, naturopath or holistic practitioner. Be advised that your allopathic physician likely does not have the expertise about herbs that a holistic practitioner has.
A few physicians dislike the concept of natural treatments, basically because of patients who use them without the proper facts or precautions. A healer of any kind, be them holistic or allopathic must be looking for the power in the greater good. Many doctors now attempt to include those alternatives for their patients.
And if a physician who is open to natural treatments advises against it, consider that judgment. Work with the practitioner on contraindications for the herb when you are thinking about taking them with allopathic medication. There could be side effects. So when you’ve decided what your desires are, see your physician, then determine which treatments you’ll want to take on a daily basis for an extended period of time.
5. Doses are always a question and what natural remedies are right for which conditions, but another step in the herbal health process is to decide exactly how much of each item you want. Check our Western Materia Medica (below) for the safe and honest data you need.
Herbs for Seasonal Healing
Natural medication is the best alternative remedy with regards to finding a substitute for allopathic drugs. The advantages are exceptional. Side effects are minimal.
Warning should be used while taking natural medicinal drug with allopathic drugs.
Certain herbs may be very useful throughout specific seasons based totally on their mechanism of action and their healing properties. As the seasons change, it is an excellent concept to create a seasonal medicine chest with herbs that you may actually utilize during that duration.
You may discover that herbs in lots of forms may be both sensible and flexible. Below are considerations for each season.
- Spring is the season of recent beginnings and rebirth. Using herbs to tonify and detox the liver and gallbladder are recommended. Consider creating a Spring alternative medicine drug chest with milk thistle, dandelion and nettle. You can benefit through having Spring essential oils such as jasmine, neroli and patchouli.
- Summer is the high season of greatest Yang and activity is complemented via the hot fun–filled days at the seaside and warm, pleasant nights enjoyed outside. We tend to overdue in summer..too much sun, physical activities and food. Using herbs to tonify the heart, intestines and stomach are encouraged. Consider creating a summer natural alternative medicine Chest with basil, elderflower and chamomile. You may gain through having Summer essential oils such as tea tree, lavender and eucalyptus.
- Fall is the time of collecting and harvesting in preparation for the next season. Using herbs to tonify the lungs and huge intestines is recommended. With the changing of light and the dropping of temperatures, consider creating a Fall alternative medicine chest with astragalus, calendula and ginseng. You could gain through having Fall essential oils such as bergamont, cedarwood and clove.
- Winter is the time for relaxation and replenishing. It is the season of greatest Yin and must be observed with peaceful tranquility. Using herbs to tonify the kidneys and urinary bladder is recommended. Consider creating a Winter alternative medicine chest with sage, mullein and garlic. You could gain by means of having Winter essential oils such as cinnamon, ginger and peppermint.
Top 10 Homeopathic Treatments on your Medicine Chest
Your Homeopathic First aid kit is very useful to have around the residence, within the automobile or on vacation. Make certain your kit is easily available when you want it! This kit consists of the top ten homeopathic treatments that would generally be sufficient to deal with most first aid conditions consisting of:
- Arnica suave – all pain, bruises, sprains, strains, headaches, jet lag, sunburn
- Arnica – all pain problems, bruising, sprains, strains, headaches (taken internally)
- Apis Mel – bites, stings, fluid retention, swelling of legs and feet during tour
- Argentum – gastroenteritis, sore throat, hurriedness, stress
- Cocculus – sleep pattern disturbances, tetanus, seasickness
- Gelsemium – sore throats, cough, colds, influenza with shivering
- Ignatia Amara – irritability, hypersensitivity, hysteria, anxiety
- Mezereum – burning pain, bone pain, sensitivity to cold, headaches
- Nux Vomica – food poisoning, travel illness, upset stomach, jet lag, hangovers, indigestion
- Rhus Tox – muscular aches, pain, stiffness, overexertion