This metabolism boosting coconut oil coffee nourishes your body and strengthens your immune system!
3 Reasons To Add Coconut Oil To Your Coffee
1. Coconut Oil Increases Your Energy
Coconut oil gives you energy! How it works? It is composed of MCTs (Medium Chain Triglycerides). MCTs are absorbed more quickly by the body and are quickly metabolised as fuel and not stored as fat.
2. Coconut Oil Boosts The Immune System
About 50% of the fatty acids in coconut oil are Lauric Acid (also known as super healthy fats found in human breast milk). Lauric acid is potent in antimicrobial properties. According to WebMD, lauric acid is used for treating, “viral infections including influenza (the flu); swine flu; avian flu; the common cold; fever blisters, cold sores, and genital herpes caused by herpes simplex virus (HSV); genital warts caused by human papillomavirus (HPV); and HIV/AIDS. It is also used for preventing the transmission of HIV from mothers to children.”
3. Coconut Oil Speeds Up The Metabolism
When you eat MTCs (like in coconut oil), this results in accelerated metabolic conversion. In other words, instead of being stored as fat, the calories in MCTs are converted very efficiently into fuel for immediate use by the body.
According to this study, researchers gathered 40 female volunteers aged 20 to 40 years with abdominal obesity. Over a 12-week period, women received a daily dietary supplement containing of 30 milliliters of soybean oil or coconut oil. At the end of the 12-week study, researchers found that women who received coconut oil experienced a significant reduction in their BMI and waist circumference, as well as an increase in their “good” HDL cholesterol. These results were not found in the group that received soybean oil. It seems that coconut oil supplementation does not cause dyslipidemia and seems to promote a reduction in abdominal obesity.
Coconut Oil Coffee Recipe
Now that you know how amazing the benefits of coconut oil are for your health, let me show you how to make your coffee taste fabulous! This coconut oil coffee is incredibly delicious!
- Coffee (preferably organic).
- 1-2 teaspoons of coconut oil
Note: You can use other coffee substitutes in the recipes instead.
- stevia (optional)
- vanilla (optional)
- peppermint (optional)
- collagen – great way to get extra protein in your diet (optional)
Whatever mix-in you like!
- Gently pour your coffee into your blender.
- Add coconut oil and any other goodies of your choice (you may add a tablespoon of gelatin and a teaspoon of raw honey).
- Place the lid in your blender and mix your coffee. You will notice that coconut oil and coffee will froth up.
- Once mixed, pour it into your cup and get your drink on.