Spaghetti squash is a great healthy alternative to regular pasta. It also plays very well with a variety of other flavors and is tasty enough to be used alone without a thick sauce. In addition to that, it is packed of benefits of coconut oil that could help lower cholesterol. If you want to try this delicious recipe, here’s how to prepare it.
Spaghetti Squash with Coconut Oil
1 spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
2 tablespoons coconut oil, or more as needed
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, or as needed
1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, or more to taste
5 leaves fresh basil, chopped, or more to taste
2 tablespoons pine nuts, or to taste
1 cup multi-colored cherry tomatoes, halved, or more to taste
Prep. Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 35 min
Ready In: 1 hr
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C (400 °F). Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Coat the inside of spaghetti squash with olive oil and place, cut-side down, onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until squash is tender and a fork can easily pierce the flesh for 30 to 40 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and let the squash cool until it is easy to handle for about 15 minutes.
- Heat the coconut oil in a skillet over low heat; cook and stir asparagus until tender yet firm to the bite, about 5 minutes.
- Shred the squash flesh using a fork to create long strands that look like noodles. Mix squash and basil into asparagus, adding more coconut oil if it is too dry; cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove skillet from heat and mix tomatoes and pine nuts into squash mixture.