This simple, Tasty Whole Wheat Coconut Oil Waffles Recipe is easy to prepare. It's a great breakfast meal especially for your kids and also good for your health since coconut oil is rich in healthy fats which are known as medium-chain fatty acids. The kids will love it. So, try it now!
Whole Wheat Tasty Coconut Oil Waffles Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk, room temperature
- 1/3 cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Prep Time: 10min Cook Time: 5min Ready In: 15min
- Preheat a waffle iron according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt together in a bowl; make a well in the center of the flour mixture.
- Beat milk, egg, coconut oil, and vanilla extract together in another bowl; pour well into the flour mixture and stir until batter is mixed.
- Ladle batter into preheated waffle iron and cook until golden and crisp, 2 to 5 minutes.
Per Serving: 188 calories; 11.1 g fat; 27 mg cholesterol; 4.6 g protein; 18.7 g carbohydrates; 295 mg sodium.