This Ham recipe is a perfect delicacy to serve to your friends or family get together. We all know the health benefits of honey and why we should add it to our diets, to better our heart health among other things. The mixture of honey and mustard makes it this recipe very delicious and very healthy.
Here’s how to prepare a Honey Mustard Glazed Ham Recipe:
(for 12 servings)
- onion, chopped
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled
- 10 whole cloves
- 10 lb picnic ham, cured (4 ½ kg)
- 1 cup orange juice (240 mL)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar (220 g)
- ½ cup honey (170 g)
- ½ cup Dijon mustard (125 g)
- ¼ cup stone ground mustard (60 g)
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar (60 mL)
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Add the chopped onion, garlic cloves, mustard, orange juice, apple cider vinegar, and cloves to a large roasting pan, stirring to combine.
- Place the ham on the roasting rack over the liquid.
- Trim off tough outer skin, then score the remaining fat in a crosshatch pattern. Cover the entire roasting rack with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove the ham from the oven, and remove the foil. Baste the ham with the liquid, then remove the rack from the roasting pan and set aside.
- Remove all the whole cloves from the remaining liquid in the pan. Pour the remaining liquid into a pot, along with the honey, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, and brown sugar. Whisk to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, then simmer until thick and reduced, about 10 minutes.
- Brush the glaze on to the ham then transfer back to the roasting rack.
- Bake the ham for 30-45 minutes, or until the glaze is caramelized and the ham reaches 145°F (65°C).
- Slice the ham, and serve.